One of the most popular Durga Puja Sweets Recipe is Nimki. Check out the Ingredients and Method of cooking Nimki.
|| Ingredients ||
- 250 gm Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 2 cups Oil
- Salt to taste
|| Method of Cooking ||
- Roast the cumin in low oven heat for some time and then grind it.
- Mix cumin and salt with flour. Knead the flour mixture with 2-3 teaspoons of oil and water (as needed) to dough.
- Roll the mixture dough flat. Fold it. Roll it flat again. Repeat the process one more time.
- Cut dough in diamond shape (2 triangles on top of each other). Make them around 1-inch in size or whatever you feel like.
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Fry the diamond shaped nimki, until they become of a brownish.
- Serve it hot or let it cool down a bit and then store in air tight container for days.